Based near Inverness, I am an award-winning professional photographer and outdoors writer.
I work as a guide for Black Isle Nature Photography and I regularly take on magazine commissions, particularly based on mountaineering and landscape and wildlife photography.
Most of my professional work is outdoors based but my themes are diverse, and my current long-term personal project is covering social change and abandonment in Scotland.
- Contributor to Outdoor Photography Magazine, The Great Outdoors Magazine, UKHillwalking, Walkhighlands & others.
- Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017 – Commended
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2017 – Highly Commended
- Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 – Category Winner
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2016 – Highly Commended
- Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2016 & 2017 – Shortlisted
- Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2015 & 2016 – Shortlisted
- Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Photography Competition 2016 – Finalist
- Marmot Photography Awards 2016 – Finalist
- Work shown in exhibitions at the Mall Galleries London, Aberystwyth Arts Centre, the Wild Film Festival Dumfries, Ocean Terminal Edinburgh and others.
- Wildlife photography partner of Sea-Changers.