Based near Inverness, I am an award-winning professional photographer and outdoors writer.
I work as a guide for Black Isle Nature Photography and I regularly take on magazine commissions, particularly based on mountaineering and landscape and wildlife photography.
My work is largely outdoors based and I work with a wide variety of clients, ranging from authors, magazine editors and marine conservation charities, to the Britsh Army.
I’m a contributor to Outdoor Photography Magazine, The Great Outdoors Magazine, UKHillwalking, Walkhighlands, the Army Mountaineering Journal & others.
Awards and achievements
- Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017 – Commended
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2017 – Highly Commended
- Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 – CATEGORY WINNER
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2016 – Highly Commended
- Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2016 & 2017 – Shortlisted
- Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2015, 2016 & 2017- Shortlisted
- Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Photography Competition 2016 – Finalist
- Marmot Photography Awards 2016 – Finalist
- Work shown in exhibitions at the Mall Galleries London, the Horniman Museum London, Oxfordshire Museum, Aberystwyth Arts Centre,Ocean Terminal Edinburgh and others.
- Wildlife photography partner of Sea-Changers.